Butthurt People on Social Media

So.. It's 2 pm now - and I'm writing from my room, in the sizzling afternoon heat of the good ol' Singapore weather. Which doesn't always have a positive effect on my mood, because really... who loves the heat?

Anyway, an encounter last Friday gave me inspiration to return here. To my blog, I mean.While I'm not sure how long it'll last, I'm gonna give my best in creating personal content that I'm proud of!

The thing is, nothing much is happening in my life. It's just you know... work..  home... the occasional dinner with friends... hardly the Instagrammer kinda life that's so popular these days. But hey, there are so many things to talk about actually. Little things that may be trivial, but nevertheless, noticed by me.

Like how there isn't a post-meal tray-return policy at the Jollibee in my office building, but I've only ever seen clear tables. For the benefit of those who aren't aware of the tray return concept, here in Singapore, especially at our fast-food outlets, we are encouraged to clear our tables and return our trays after our meal. This allows the next customer to get seat and start eating faster. It makes life easier for outlet staff too, especially during peak hours.

Or like how I bought a tube of lipstick last Friday night, and it brought some colour to my life (both literally and not). And if you'll give me a chance to explain (in one of my next posts - if I ever get around writing it!), you'll realise the idea isn't as frivolous as you think!

Or how waiting for the bus can be excruciating, when you're having a not-so-ideal week. Which, could also be an opening a new topic. See, there's no excuse for having "nothing to write", because the human mine is active pretty much every hour of the day - and yes, for me, even during slumber. Especially before my sleep actually. That's when all my ideas come, but I never have the energy or willpower to get out of bed to pen my thoughts!

B suggested that I use the voice record function. But ha.... I actually have tried that - with ridiculously incoherent results hahaha.

Sometimes I avoid blogging because... There're always repercussions of sharing your life, thoughts and opinions. Especially in the era of social media (which of course, comes with it's perks) where people find it increasingly easy to get butthurt  offended at the tiniest things. I don't even want to think of examples - but just look at comments the Facebook posts on any major news outlet and you'll know ;)

When people are offended, they go all out to get your blood. They call it "CSI" - publish your personal details, residential address, try to get you dismissed from your job etc. And most of the time, I've realised, people only look at one side of the story. And when the herd mentality comes... ha.....

Funny thing is, these people are usually the ones who love to complain that there's no freedom of speech in Singapore. But have they ever thought that they too, are not enabling freedom of speech, when they go bonkers over the tiniest matters?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Subjectivity

Remember these local TV Productions from the 90s?

[Guiness World Records Attempt] Massive Robot Balloon Sculpture invades Singapore!