I want to build a snowman!

Today, I was feeling quite envious of my sister and also April and a few other friends who were overseas enjoying the snow. I've never seen snow, and I just think it's so pretty. People who see snow all the time won't understand. But to see snow falling from the sky, and white, powdery ice on the floor - it's just something I never got to see. And I have a feeling I'll never get to see. It was also the happy look on April's face that made me so envious, I guess. To people like us - people who live in tropical climates - snow is just magical. And to see it with your favourite person (of course when I'm like super old, I can go alone) just seems so nice.

But whatever. 不是我的命. Things I want always evade me and my dreams were dashed earlier this year anyway.

And then I saw my friend post an encounter on Facebook. She met an elderly man with bad eyesight, and he asked her to help him with cash withdrawal because he couldn't see properly. Turned out that he had insufficient funds, and couldn't withdraw the amount be wanted to. So, all he could do was walk away, while mumbling that perhaps the government aid will be deposited into his account tomorrow.

My friend then highlighted that while some people are worrying about their next meal, some of us are thinking about our next branded purchases or next holiday plan. Like me, I was a bit bitter about... a lot of things. And my #foreverundesirable nature HAHA.

So I feel a bit guilty now.

Sure, it might have been a scam tactic to earn sympathy and money,(like this man who tried to scam me of $4 once). But this story just reminds me that there ARE people in such dire situations, and it's quite horrible for a person as blessed as me to complain so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Subjectivity

Remember these local TV Productions from the 90s?

[Guiness World Records Attempt] Massive Robot Balloon Sculpture invades Singapore!