Remember these local TV Productions from the 90s?

Before Little Nonya, Point of Entry and Spouse for House (and also before the "aiyah MediaCorp shows not nice one lah!)remember how much you used to love these Singapore TV productions, and how you took the trouble to get the VCR running before going out for dinner/on vacation? Also remember that producers and writers are human too, and constructive comments trump insults anytime :)

Maybe it was SBC then . Or TCS. That's how old these productions are! Old but gold ok haha lame rhyme.


AIYOYO LAOSHI
Don't know for sure if this was a SBC/TCS production because I was like... 5 and we watched the tape version in class! If this doesn't ring a bell, I really think you'll remember once you hear the song. It's not possible you can't! :D


Triple Nine
DON'T TELL ME YOU'VE NEVER WATCHED TRIPLE NINE. James Lye and Wong Li Lin were THE iconic hotties of the 1990s. Well Li Lin still looks fabulous but I don't see James Lye in the news anymore. If he looked that good even back in the 1990s, I doubt there'll be much difference now. (PSSST watch from 1.00 onwards for EYE CANDYYYYYYYYY)





The Unbeatables (双天至尊)
YOU CANNOT say you don't know this one. PLEASE, I IMPLORE YOU. Li Nanxing and Zoe Tay in their heydays (actually they're still pretty hot now lah)! I reckon sales of poker cards, dice, fake chips etc hit the ceiling, shot to the sky and over the moon and made a few rounds around the galaxy during that time. Those near my dad's office did, anyway.

My sister and I would pretend to be gambling pros lolol. I'd put my dice in my water bottle and shake it vigorously and then set it on the table with a dramatic flourish (obviously not as stylo milo as the Queen of Caldecott). Oh! And I'd shuffle all the cards "just like they do on TV" and then.. let's just say it started raining cards. Forever uncoordinated.

And no, we did not play with money. Neither did we bring them to school.



Oh, I think I saw this on a Toggle Advert sometime back? It's gonna be quite cheesy if I were to watch it now hahaha BUT I SURE DON'T MIND! :D


Return of the Condor Heroes (Xiao Long Nu)
Presenting... Singapore's Golden Couple. From way back in the 1990s. Nuff said. Except that it's not fair how they both look so good even after almost 20 years *peers into the mirror and then wallow in self pity*



Phua Chu Kang
Who can forget Singapore's Favourite Contractor, Best in Singapore, JB, and some say Batam?




Don't Worry be Happy (敢敢做个开心人)
And oh gawd the Theme Song. I can still sing along to it! :D Even as a kid, I think I had no life because I spent every Saturday night waiting for 敢敢做个开心人 to come on. And almost every week, my parents would comment on how Chew Chor Meng never ages. And I'll shout HEY KOPI-O at the right time lololol.

Now that I'm watching the theme songs from Seasons 1 to 4... Eh they changed actresses hor? HAHAHAHA. I never did realise that as a kid. There were a few actresses playing ZhuZhu? Was I dumb or what hahaha.



Under One Roof
Looooooong before your time, in the little island of Singapore, there was a sitcom about Singapore's Funniest Family, their neighbours, and friends.
Moses Lim is Tan Ah Teck
Goh Chieng Mun is Dolly.
Andrew Lim is Paul, and
Nicholas Lim is Ronnie.
Vernetta Lopez ....is Denise, and
And that's Singapore's Funniest Fa-mi-ly!
(I don't even think I got it right but you get what I mean.)

Can't find a video of Under One Roof - this will have to do! (From 0:10)





Pyramid Game
Besides it being some sort of word game, I can't for the life of me remember the specifics (I was more of a Wheel of Fortune kid, you see- what a geek!).  Hahaha CHECK OUT THE HAIR. That centre-parting do was one of the coolest hairstyles during that era (possibly because of the Chen Hanwei TV drama, the one he acted as a teacher) Nostalgic anot? Quick! Go look at your old class photos!

I can't find a clip with Benedict Goh as the host (I can't quite remember but he had kind of an idol status back then?). Here's one with Daryl David!





Growing UpI don't remember much of this, except that it wasn't a happy show.
AND THAT'S JAMIE YEO AS TAMMY!!


SHIVER
I don't know if I should add this, but like hell I remember this show. Don't have the guts to YouTube or Google Image this hahaha chicken.jpg. I remember there was this episode where this boy pressed all the buttons in the lift and then.....

Eh actually, after playing back the plot in my mind, I don't know why that ever scared the daylights out of me. I DO remember refusing to take the lift for a few weeks though! My dad played along for a bit, but after a while, ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH. These days, in my old age, I take every chance I have to use the lift. Haha. #lazymuch
That said, I'm still too chicken to do a search on it. *embarrassed smiley*


彩虹下日营
You probably won't remember this because you probably weren't a geek like me, but it was an info-ed show for kids (broadcasted every Sunday). For some reason, I was very drawn to it. I remember a professor who wore a pink raincoat all the time, and kids who could teleport to wherever they were supposed to be. Hahaha.

Oh, I also watched 薯条汉堡青春痘 in primary school but I think it's so ancient that I can't find it on YouTube anymore. Evelyn Tan and (I think) Darren Lim acted in it? It was one of those feel-good shows set in a school. Hahaha.




I watched all of these, you know. Even as a kid back in the 90s I was a slave to technology lolol.
And I'm sure there are more but these are the ones I loved (and still love) as a kid so much that they stayed in the Easily Accessible Compartment of my memory.

Oh, the things I do when boredom (well, actually, denial) strikes.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Subjectivity

[Guiness World Records Attempt] Massive Robot Balloon Sculpture invades Singapore!