HAPPY NEW YEARRRR




And yes, I'm that annoying girl who drags the last word with a trillion letters. Doesn't deter you from dropping by though :P 

You know how I spent the first weekend of the New Year? In bed feeling sick and woooooooozy. But I keep thinking how lucky I am because, how horrible would it be if I got sick on the first Monday of the year? And then my bed's so soft and my bolster's so soft and cool too. I don't remember much of the weekend but I'm feeling oh-so-fine now!

And here's what I typed (more like attempted to) in my semi-conscious state.

But before that, here's something for fun, in case you hate wordy posts. I got this off Facebook and guess what I got? Love, Popularity, and Money! HA HA HA. Couldn't be further from reality. I searched for all the other words and these three are the most unrealistic ones. I mean, apart from 'beauty'. Hahaha.



Hello, I am typing this as I'm tearing (not crying, mind you) because I am sick. Way to usher in the new year. But then again, I get sick like, once a year on the average, so it's all good! I'm so thankful that I got sick on a Friday (I'll be as right as rain by Sunday night) AND found some Panadol in my workdesk to tide me through the day! So I was thinking, I'm actually pretty lucky to


-pause-

Can you imagine, I had to take a break before getting back to this. Which may actually be a good thing because when I'm down with fever, I remind myself of Drunk Marshall in Alantic City just before Lilly was about to give birth. Hahaha. Sorry if you don't know what I'm talking about, you're missing out! Go buy all the How I Met Your Mother DVDs, NOW!  Right, so I was saying


-pause again-

Oh well... it looks like the blog post didn't make it past last night. Good morning! I feel so much better today! So, on with how I celebrated the new year!


-pause, last time, I promise-

Oops. Okay, this is for real, because I'm sitting at my table ad facing my laptop now. Told ya I'll be fine by Sunday night.

Here is the last (awkward) photo of 2013, and the first (well-its-proportionate) photo of 2014. This is obviously a sign that as horrible as 2013 was 2014 is going to be wayyyyy better.

And yes, I happen to like this photo JUST BECAUSE it is overexposed. Not always, but why do I need to explain myself, anyway?

And those wires you see are in-ear headphones hahaha. Because I am that sensitive to loud noises. We were in a restaurant/bar with a live band you see. I swear, I took them for a few seconds and I thought my eardrums were gonna explode. This headphones are amazingly noise-cancelling. Last week, I was listening to music, and my mum was talking to me - I could see her lips moving but heard nothing at all!!

Okay back to topic. And I don't have a lot of good pictures because we were seated on high chairs and the scardey cat I am, didn't dare to move much.

Presenting.. Ground Zero, my favourite (not that I've seen a lot) band so far! They can really get the crowd going, and it helps that I happen to love all the songs they play :D 



And these were only part of what we ordered! The fried white bait fish is looooove. And of course, the duck pizza I'm always going on and on and on about. Hahahah :D Btw you see the foam   on the beer? It's frozen, AND lychee-flavoured! 

I don't know why I kept screaming when they tried to scare me with balloons (from the party pack) since you know, I had some magical noise-cancelling plugs in my ear. And then later, hundreds of balloons were released from the ceiling @.@ 

 Oh if you can't see the words on the screen, it says "Stereo Hearts- Maroon 5", and it was the first song they sang, AND IT WAS MY REQUEST!!!!! :D 


And I spammed the dedication number and I was so carried away that I typed "frog" instead of "fox" and then it showed up on screen like a gazillion times. (Got the Simple Plan title wrong too, man what was wrong with me? Haha) And yes, they did sing it, and got the birthday girls and boys on stage to dance! Hahaha. And one of the girls looked like me lol. *videos later*


Oh, we had our belated Christmas Gift Exchange too!! *Trademark squeal* I looooove what I got, and I hope you girls love yours too!! 



Here's the crowd at 2am. And Singaporeans are a happening bunch. The trains were packed to the brim (but I managed to get a seat, teehee) 


And then I woke up at 9am the next morning for dim sum with my parents. First meal of 2014, yay!!!



And look at what my dad did to Eeyore. 

Oh and some highlights of the week:
1) My friend got a poodle, so guess I'll be  stalking her (even more) frequently on Instagram! 

2) I got home and my neighbours' kid ran to my door, grinned at me, and stuck out her hand for a handshake. OMG KIDS ARE SO CUTE. 

Oh last thing. Here are some clothes which I stuffed into the corners of my wardrobe because I thought they looked hideous. Actually, now I think they look pretty good hahaha so YAY to (somewhat) new clothes! 



Oh it's almost midnight, YES I have miraculously recovered from fever, cough, and flu! Thank you, thank you for always only plaguing me for three days. I'm trying to be sarcastic- I'm genuniely grateful. Please let me enjoy this minimal-bumps journey for a little more coz I haven't really recovered from the avalanche of ultra-smelly dung last year! Please. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Subjectivity

Remember these local TV Productions from the 90s?

[Guiness World Records Attempt] Massive Robot Balloon Sculpture invades Singapore!