Thursday, July 18, 2013

Goals, plans, prospects, life.


Have been a drifter for the past few weeks, and I don't even know what I've been doing besides well, sitting around and doing nothing. Unbelievable that I'm saying this, but I can't wait for school to start! Even more unbelievable, I'd really like to get a job again. But next term's gonna crazy, and I'll never forget the hectic two years I spent juggling full time work, and night classes.

Feeling quite ambivalent because there's a writing stint that would fit me to a T, and I know it's something I can do pretty well at. That would be... 6 months wasted. My oh my. For me, 6 months is a lot to waste because there's so much I want to explore!

And because I've finally snapped out of my drifter mode (and also because I've started discussing stuff with one of my most motivated-in-life friends), I sat down, and decided on what I want to do.

I've tried public relations, I've tried social media. And it's been pretty evident, even to the teachers of the 10-year old me, that I was always meant to pursue a career in journalism, or anything to do at all with writing. Journalism alone branches out to soooooo many fields, that's a lot of ground to cover.

These days, I've taken an interest in Corporate Communications and Copywriting as well. Now, I just need to figure out how to accomplish all these in one lifetime, because it'll be 2023 before we know it, and I heard that after 30, time passes even faster. And I'd like to explore everything before the age of 30, and settle into one of them for good (probably Corp Comms in the government sector, haha). And retire at 65 and take on counselling.

And well it never hurts to have ambitions that just a teeny more frivolous. I think it'd be cool to be a greeting card writer. Or a scriptwriter. Sometimes, I just sit back and daydream about you know, what could happen if I had a more interesting (and slightly unrealistic) life.

Oh, I'll also jump at the chance to be a talk show host if I could. Like Ellen and Tyra. Or a new anchor/presenter. But obviously, that's gonna need a LOT of work.
 

I need to talk to my driven friends more often. Obviously it's good for me to bye I'm going to buck up and work on sharpening my writing chops now!

(and I also need to finally reply emails and letters, sorry I've been bumming so much lately!)

No comments: