Monday, July 16, 2012

Not-so-typical morning madness.


Rather exciting, actually. You know how you usually feel when you're rushing for time?

9.30am
Today, I was on the verge of being late. So I ran, no SPRINTED after the bus. In a way that would make a track athelete proud. Olympian, even. Bus driver happened to be really nice, and waited for me. The polite person I was raised to be, I said thank you with an oh-so-grateful smile. Walked down the bus with a bouce in my step, feeling rather smug. Because I. Love. Challenges. :)


9.35am
Little did I know..... well actually I did KNOW after a few seconds.. TO MY UTMOST HORROR.... I BOARDED THE WRONG BUS.

Yeah time to wipe the smug smile off with antibacterial wipes and toss them into the incinerator or something. Oh all the buses to take, I take THIS? Ok let's put it this way. If I were to shut my eyes and get onto ANY bus that comes, there is only a 10% chance that I'd get on the wrong bus. Lucky, lucky me.


9.40am
I need to walk to the train station. Oh gosh the sun is beating down on me relentless. Ok there is no way I'm gonna make it. TAXI TIME. *heartache$$$$*.


9.45am
OOOOH LALAAAA I MANAGED TO GET A CAB!! :D:D:D
Ok too early to rejoice, perhaps. The cab's going at snail's pace. OMG pleaseeee I don't wanna be late!
And I'm staring at the clock as though if i stared enough, time would stop for me.

Oh what the hell. I'm desperate! This might be worth a try! So I held out my arm, and very dramatically, gazed at it with a piercing (and I hope) powerful glare that would make Edward Cullen jealous.

Nope. Didn't work.
Guess I've got no hidden inborn superhero ability, ready to surface at The Crucial Moment. Bummer :(

Wait, maybe this isn;t working because it isn't my speciality. Let's try something else...
Hmmmm... The cab is stopping at EVERY traffic light. If it manages to miss/beat just ONE, we'll get to miss all the subsequent traffic lights. Maybe if I willed it enough, I could emit some mental corce field and change ONE light.

*Stares intently*
*Stares even more intently*
*Giving it my all*
*I can do better!*

HI MISS. WE'RE HERE! THAT WOULD BE $10, THANK YOU!!

Did my superpowers work? I'd like to think so. :)

No comments: